Sunday, May 31, 2009

Week Four, Day Five, Part Two

After Mom and Dad got back from Brooklyn yesterday afternoon, they took me by the apartment to check on the work that was done on Friday. The bedroom wood floor and baseboards are in!



All that's left in the bedroom now is painting. The contractors covered up the floors with heavy cardboard so that they don't get damaged during the rest of the renovation, but Dad moved a piece so I could check them out.


Progress was made in the bathroom too. Here I am lying on my new marble floor. It was hot outside but the cool marble floor felt nice! I plan to lie there often once we move back in.


The white onyx border is completely finished. I'm happy to report that since the thinset dried, the white onyx now actually appears white and Dad is very happy about that!



Mom and Dad also took me to the lighting district (just down Bowery from our East Village pad) to order the kitchen chandelier. The shop is custom making it to be only 18" high. Perfect for a NYC kitchen, and perfect for Mom and Dad (ok, mostly Mom) to prepare my meals in style. It is made of Swarovski crystal and will look great in our new kitchen!

All in all it was a pretty eventful weekend and we got tons done for the apartment. This week the bathroom should be finished as well as the floors. They are also hard at work fabricating and painting the kitchen and pantry cabinets. I can't wait to see everything!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment