Monday, June 15, 2009

Week Seven, Day One

Another day with lots of progress! I was still exhausted from my weekend trip to NH, so Dad drove out alone to College Point, Queens to meet with the granite fabricator and approve the layout of the templates on the granite slab. The counter tops should be delivered to the apartment for installation by Friday.

I can already picture a steak sitting on the counter top, calling my name.

In the apartment, the backsplash was completely finished, the microwave installed and the first coat of paint in the kitchen painted. The contractor also built a support for the granite countertop that will go in back of the stove. It looks great and I can't wait to use my new kitchen!

In the bathroom, there had been several marble tiles that came from a different lot of marble and didn't match the rest perfectly. The contractor agreed to remove these tiles and replace them with ones that blend in. They look great now and just need to be grouted and then the marble sealed.


Tomorrow the electrician is coming to install the undercounter lighting, hook up the microwave and install new outlets and switches. The electrician will also let us know what sort of light fixture we can use in the kitchen and confirm that we can install the chandelier over the dining area. On Wednesday, the plumber is coming to hook up the stove, kitchen sink, dishwasher, shower controls, bathroom sink and toilet.

Mom and Dad also set a date to move everything back into the apartment. Wednesday the 24th is the big day, and the contractor says that we're on track to be finished before then! Mom and Dad are going to move everything in before I arrive, so by the time I get to the apartment everything will be set up for me. When you are as cute as I am, it's easy to get other people to do the work for you!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: